Even though we are still enjoying a few nice Autumn days, we all know that the weather in New England can change in a flash. I feel like the hardest season to be a homeowner is winter. It’s a constant battle against the damage that ice, cold, and snow can cause.
Here are some tips to help you prevent and prepare:
- Disconnect garden hoses, drain them, and drain sprinklers/sprinkler systems.
- Winterize your pressure washer.
- Clean attic venting to help prevent ice dams.
- Check/Clean your gutters & chimney.
- Empty flower pots.
- Cut the power to Central AC units & Protect the AC compressor from falling ice.
- Install or replace weather stripping on all doors and windows.
- Swap out the gas in small engines and recreation vehicles to avoid carburetor damage.
These are some of the things most often overlooked until it is too late. There is always more to do, for additional tips click here. If you want to know more about why you should do any of these tasks, or would like a referral to a qualified professional to help you, just let us know.